Mother Loss Support Group [RECENT UPDATE: THIS GROUP IS NOT MEETING AT THIS TIME.]
This is a unique group aimed to unite and support grieving daughters / womxn who lost their mothers before age 20. Meeting every Tuesday for 9 weeks, the Mother Loss Support Group will be focused on the intricacies of navigating the world after the loss of a mother. In particular, the group will examine:
· the unfolding of grief;
· obstacles to the grieving process;
· finding one’s identity amidst an early parental loss;
· the impact of loss on present relationships;
· memory-making and continuing bonds;
· coping with loss;
· mothering without a mother (applies to: existing moms, moms-to-be, and those ambivalent to motherhood);
· parenting ourselves.
I am a therapist experienced in grief counseling and Complicated Grief Therapy, and will be facilitating all our sessions, ensuring that the group remains sensitive to each person’s story and unique experience, and making it a safe space to be & share.
***This group is best suited to those whose loss occurred more than 12 months ago.***
[RECENT UPDATE: THIS GROUP IS NOT MEETING AT THIS TIME.]